Vietnamese rice noodle soup (vegan Pho soup)
Ingredients for 2 servings
For the rice noodle soup
- 200 g of smoked tofu – the shorter side in 1-cm slices, then cut in half
- 120 g of rice noodles
- 100 g Shiitake quarters
- 100 g Mungsprossen
- 100 g Baby corn on the cob
- 2 spring onions (optional) – cut into slices; Green and White separate
- 1 mild red chilli – remove seeds and cut into rings
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 1 Ltr. Coconut water (not coconut milk!)
- 7 TABLESPOONS of Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 TABLESPOONS peanut oil
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 10 g ginger, peel and cut into thin slices
- 1 organic lime 1 TBSP of the juice
- 7 Kaffir lime leaves – 5 leaves, the stems and remove the leaves and chop finely
- 2 TSP Xylitol (sugar substitute)
- 1 star anise fruit
- ½ TSP fennel seeds
- 1 Pinch Of Cinnamon Powder
- Crystal salt
- Pepper from the mill
- 2 TBSP roughly chopped coriander
- 2 TABLESPOONS roughly chopped Thai Basil
- 10 g of peppermint, of which 1/3 very finely chop; the Rest coarsely chop
Preparation time about 10 minutes cooking/baking time approx. 30 minutes
First of all, the rice, giving cook the noodles according to Package; using a sieve, drain and set aside.
In the meantime, in a saucepan and add the fennel seeds, star anise fruit 2 lime leaves with the stalk and the ginger in to Stir roast. With coconut water and cook for 10 Min. leave to cook for.
Then a sieve over a mixing bowl to hold the liquid through the strainer and add back into the pot. The spices can be disposed of.
The corn on the cob and the Shiitake in the strained broth and 10 Min. leave to cook for. The spring onion-White, and Chili, and the soup with 6 TABLESPOONS of Tamari, the sesame oil, the lime juice, cinnamon, Xylitol, salt and pepper to taste.
In the meantime, the peanut oil in a frying pan and fry the Tofu to a Golden brown. With 2 TBSP water and 1 TBSP Tamari and finely chopped lime leaves along with the finely chopped mint, stir, and then the mung bean sprouts to give deglaze, and mix.
The noodles in a soup bowl and fill with the hot soup and pour over. The contents of Pan, the spring onion Green, coriander, Thai Basil and the remaining mint and sprinkle over the Tofu and serve.
Immediately before eating the rice noodle soup, all the ingredients are mixed together.
Nutritional values per Serving
- Calories: 585 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 61 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Fat: 27 g